-
May 5th, 2004, 05:32 PM
#1
Emperor Napoleon
Guest
Was when we all first encountered one another on Cincinnati.com
The first one I ever met in person was Dana and then Trav/Gae. Since then I have met almost everyone who continues to post in our dead little forum.
How is your life different from this time in 1999? and how do you see yourself in 2009?
Biggest change for me is owning my own place and being in FLORIDA. Fortunately I still have my 12 yr old dog and also have another one who is almost 4. I no longer have the cat I had in 1999. In 1999 putting PILS out of business was my burning desire and I did that in 2000. I am on my 5th vehicle since then which is a glimmer of hope as that translates into roughly 1 vehicle per year and I just bought my van a year ago this past Saturday and very much want to be in another convertible instead.
Where do I see myself in 2009? Well within 20 miles of my present home, only in a nice house with my own yard. My yard now is too small and not really "mine". That's about my biggest goal and one that is ever present in my mind's eye.
I do not see myself being married in 2009 or ever as far as that goes. I can in fact see myself being even more reclusive if I had the kind of house I want, wherein I can isolate myself from neighbors more.
So give this a shot, and if no one responds to this by tomorrow I'm deleting it! [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
-
May 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
#2
Sheriff
Five years ago to present:
Five years ago I was just a little punk with real no ambition. Today I am a slightly bigger punk with really no ambition at all.
Five years ago I was working at Deloitte. Today, I am still working at Deloitte, albeight only for 7 more work days.
Five years ago I wasn't with Lindsay. Today I am.
Five years ago I never saw Korn, Today I can say I have seen them and it was great.
Five years ago Gary wasn't my bitch. Today, we all know he is.
Where do I see myself in five years:
Five years older
Hopefully thinner
Hopefully married
Hopefully have a job [img]wink.gif[/img]
Hopefully not end up smelling like JDF
Still having Gary as my little bitch.
-
May 5th, 2004, 05:44 PM
#3
Emperor Napoleon
Guest
backing away from the keyboard....
thank you for divulging some deeply seated issues none of us needed to know [img]eek.gif[/img]
-
May 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Five years ago I was still recovering from my stroke and having to retire early from my job, which I no longer gave a damn about but I loved the people I worked with. Besides that, my favorite sister-in-law had died the day after I had come home from the hospital,my refrigerator had died the day of the funeral, my daughter had come in from California and my best friend, Carolyn had died suddenly and I was a basket case.
Today I still struggle with certain things from my stroke, my family ALL live within driving distance, I am still in contact with most of the people from work that I cared about. I still miss Carolyn and my sister-in-law but the passing of time has made it easier to handle.
Five years from now I will probably be dead. I do not expect to see 70! If not dead then much slowed down (if that is possible), still fat. Sidenote - I have ALWAYS said that they will find a cure for obesity ten minutes after I die. Last night, as I was listening to the new, it was said that in two years they will have this pill on the market that will prevent obesity. I told Jim that means I have ten minutes less than two years to live.
And that is about it. Nothing major. Have a few REALLY good friends, of which GL is one of them. And I have a GREAT, GREAT family and I consider myself to be very lucky. Amen......
-
May 5th, 2004, 08:50 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Lets see...five years ago.....
I was working full time for trucking co.....Now I'm part time and loving it.
My Daughter was 16 and I was dealing with her driving and teenage crap.....now she will 21 a week from Sat. [img]eek.gif[/img]
My Son was 7 and starting to get into sports/school and activities....now he is fully into school and sports.
I was playing softball, bowling etc....and I still do.
Five years from now?
Daughter will be 26, out of the house and on her way in life.
Son will be 17 and into driving and teenage stuff.
I hope to still be playing softball and bowling and maybe golf.
We may finally have the remodeling done on house....but I doubt it if I know my hubby.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks